What Happens To The Contents Of My Farmington Home After A Fire?
Contact SERVPRO of The Farmington Valley at (860) 675-4500 for quality fire damage service that is Faster to Any Size Disaster.
SERVPRO Strives for Full Restoration and Recovery of Your Farmington Home with On-site Content Management
Fire departments respond to 354, 400 home fires annually on average, and this includes homes in Farmington. According to the National Fire Prevent Association (NFPA), those fires result in 6.9 billion dollars in damages. Our goal is to lessen your financial burden by restoring instead of replacing and leave your home, “Like it never even happened.”
Can my belongings get cleaned on-site?
A fire is devastating to any home. Trying to deal with the cleanup and repair from fire damage to your Farmington home can be overwhelming. That’s why SERVPRO provides content management that takes the burden off your shoulders. The extent and severity of the fire will determine the type of content cleaning that takes place. The benefits of on-site cleaning include:
• Saves the expense of moving contents
• No storage fees
• Cleanup is speedier
• On-site remediation often means minor fire damage
On-site or Moving Out – We Get the Job Done
Content management is a crucial part of the recovery and restoration of your home. These are your memories, your cherished belongings, and what you need to live daily life. Because it is important to you, it is important to our Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) trained technician. If at all possible, they provide on-site restoration and can use several techniques to make that happen:
• Deodorization - neutralize and remove odors
• Cleaning of contents – different items are cleaned in different ways
• Removal of soot and fire residue
• Immersion cleaning for hard items
• Power cleaning agents
If you have to leave your home and it is unsafe to clean on-site, SERVPRO provides move-out services. The same care and diligence to detail provided on-site happens in our warehouses. We record an inventory of your belongings digitally. Once your home gets restored from fire damage, we return your belongings.
Contact SERVPRO of The Farmington Valley at (860) 675-4500 for quality fire damage service that is Faster to Any Size Disaster.
A Leaking Dishwasher Has Flooded My House. Who Can Help Me to Remove the Water?
Water leaks can quickly cause damage in your home. Call SERVPRO today to avoid additional water loss of your property.
Call the Remediation Experts at SERVPRO to Perform Water Removal in Your Avon Home.
When you notice water damage in your Avon residence after a dishwasher leak, do not waste time. Seek professional help to avoid costly secondary damage and an unhealthy environment. Experts from SERVPRO can help you save as much property as possible.
Why seek restoration services from professionals?
At SERVPRO, we have highly trained and certified experts who are available 24/7 to respond to water loss incidents of any magnitude. We can perform effective water removal in your Avoid home using have high-tech water extraction and drying equipment. We also use different water restoration products to deal with contamination and to remove unpleasant odors. We use specialized and approved techniques to restore affected homes. Our technicians can solve your dilemma professionally and in a brief period.
How do you remove water from the affected surfaces?
We first identify the areas of saturation and then use pumps to remove the standing water. Water extraction is a vital step to eliminating moisture from a home. When our restorers use extraction equipment to remove most of the water, we spend less time evaporating and dehumidifying the remaining moisture using drying equipment. We can use different kinds of extraction tools to eliminate water from floors such as:
Deep extraction tools
Our SERVPRO team can dry the affected areas quickly and thoroughly to help deter structural damage and mold infestation. The drying process involves using different types of equipment. Some of the devices we use to remove moisture from homes include:
Centrifugal air movers
Low grain refrigerant dehumidifiers
Structural cavity drying equipment
We position the equipment at optimal locations throughout the wet areas. Our technicians monitor the drying process by taking moisture readings in every place where there could be moisture. If water pooled on your carpeted floor, we can use penetrating moisture meters to get the actual moisture content in the carpet and pad. By monitoring the drying process, our restorers know when a property is fully dry and stop the process. Our team of experts has restored thousands of homes to their preloss state successfully over the years.
Responding quickly to water intrusion incidents helps prevent costly damage to the structures and contents of a home. Call SERVPRO of The Farmington Valley at (860) 675-4500 for prompt restoration. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Find out more about Avon
Who Can Help Me Clean Up After a Hot Water Tank Leak?
Inspect your water heater often for signs of wear and tear and water leaks.
In Avon, there are Several Water Removal Services that Can Help You Clean Up the Mess Caused by a Leaky Water Tank
Hot water tank leaks often result from one of two primary causes. These causes are long-term corrosion and faulty temperature and pressure relief (TPR) valves. Leaks arising from either of these sources can occur suddenly, immediately resulting in catastrophic damage in Avon. They could develop slowly and eventually lead to extensive water damage over months or years. Regardless of your leak’s source, there are Avon area companies that can help you clean it up.
How Do Hot Water Tanks Develop Leaks?
SERVPRO, an Avon water removal service, has dealt with the effects of hot water tank issues on numerous occasions. These tanks most often leak from our technicians’ experience because of long-term corrosion that rusts holes in them. This corrosion usually occurs when the anode rod, a part that protects the water container from rust, wears away. These protective rods attached to the top of the appliance, are usually comprised of a steel wire core surrounded by either aluminum or magnesium. When they are doing their job, these useful metal parts attract rust-causing ions and thereby prevent the rest of the tank from rusting. Therefore, to limit the risks of a rust-related leak, you should check the tank’s anode rod once a year and replace it.
Another primary reason hot water tanks leak is defective, malfunctioning, or clogged TPR valves. These essential valves help prevent the tank from exploding by releasing water or steam when its internal temperature or pressure gets too high. Typically, TPR valves open whenever the appliance’s internal temperature reaches 210 degrees Fahrenheit, or the pressure hits 150 psi. If these parts are defective or malfunction, they could open at lower readings and allow excessive amounts of water and steam to escape. An even worse scenario occurs when a valve gets clogged or otherwise fails to open. If this happens, pressure builds inside the tank until it explodes and causes immediate catastrophic damage. Because of this, you should routinely have your TPR valves inspected by SERVPRO or another reputable company.
Why is SERVPRO a Good Water Removal Service?
There are many water removal services in the Avon area, but SERVPRO is better than others. Over the past decades, our company has established a strong reputation as a dependable service. Our technicians have extensive training and experience in water extraction and home restorations, and we have all the latest high-tech tools to do jobs right. The following are some attributes of SERVPRO:
- We have proudly served this area for over forty years, developing a reputation for quality water removal and restoration service over that time
- Our firm is Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)-certified
- Company workers are certified in water damage restoration, applied structural drying, and carpet cleaning
- We have all the latest industry gear, including portable extractors, wet vacs, air movers, powerful box fans, desiccant and refrigerant dehumidifiers, injectidry systems, thermal and ultra-low volume foggers, and EPA-approved fungicides and deodorants
These characteristics and equipment enable us to resolve water related issues arising effectively and efficiently from hot water tanks.
How Does SERVPRO Remove Water from Your Home?
Our technicians are available to help, twenty-four hours a day, 365 days a year. Generally, within four hours of your call, they are on-site to evaluate your situation. Once workers have done this, they:
- Use portable extractors and wet vacs to remove water from floors
- Place vacuum mats, attached to injectidry systems, on affected carpets and other floorings to dry subfloors
- Attach injectidry systems to moisture-impacted ceilings and walls to dry these structural elements
- Arrange the right ratio of dehumidifiers-to-air movers to desiccate interior contents and air
- Employ high-tech foggers to apply antifungals and deodorants to affected surfaces
Completing these processes effectively remediates most moisture issues.
What Could Happen if Water is Not Promptly and Effectively Removed?
Not promptly removing excessive moisture can cause various problems. Some of these issues are as follows:
- Strong, musty odors could develop
- Fungal growths, including mold and mildew, could discolor and cause dry rot in your structural elements
- Affected ceilings, walls, and floors could warp or buckle
- Paint, wallpaper, and drywall could deteriorate
To avoid these future damages, you should enlist the help of an excellent, reputable water removal service.
If you ever want your hot water tank inspected or need a water leak cleaned up, contact SERVPRO of The Farmington Valley at (860) 675-4500 for assistance.
Can I Avoid Flooding to My Simsbury House by Maintaining My Gutters?
Homeowners have to deal with many things which may include water damage. Contact SERVPRO right away.
SERVPRO Can Remediate Flood Damage in Simsbury Regardless of the Cause
When flood waters rise in your basement, it hardly seems possible that the cause could be something as ordinary as aging rain gutters. Few systems are more critical in directing precipitation away from your home than the gutters and downspouts attached near your roofline. In the hustle and bustle of busy family life, inspection and maintenance of your gutter configuration can go by the wayside.
How Do Gutters Protect My Foundation from Flooding?
The rainwater that falls on your roof combines hundreds of square feet of runoff into large quantities flowing over the eaves. Flood damage to your Simsbury home occurs if the gutters are clogged or missing. Gutters should direct the significant volume of water into the downspouts, which, when positioned correctly, drain water more than ten feet away from your foundation. Pooling and overflowing gutters concentrate the water as it falls, causing it to pour directly to the ground next to your house.
How Does the Water from Malfunctioning Gutters Get into My Foundation?
The runoff then saturates the ground, creating puddles and pools adjacent to the foundation. Pressure builds in the ground, and the excess water begins to seep in through the foundation materials. You might have a concrete, cinderblock, stone, or brick foundation. All of these materials are somewhat permeable, and the moisture eventually moves from the wet ground to the dry basement.
Are There Any Other Factors that Increase the Possibility of Flooding from Broken Gutters?
If the ground immediately next to your foundation slopes toward your home, the excess absorbed and puddled water can flow more easily into your basement. The slope next to the foundation should be down and away from your house. If you have plantings near your exterior walls, erosion from rain and planned watering can alter the appropriate slope without your noticing the change.
If poorly maintained gutters and downspouts direct water into your foundation rather than away, SERVPRO of The Farmington Valley can help remove the flooding and dry out your home. Call us at (860) 675-4500 to schedule an assessment and develop a plan.
See more about Simsbury.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Farmington, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of The Farmington Valley today at (860) 675-4500 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Who Can I Call For Water Cleanup When My Water Heater Leaks?
No matter when you make the call, we have technicians who can assist you.
Disaster Mitigation Pros Can Eliminate Water Damage and Odors in Farmington Homes
One appliance that Farmington homeowners rely on to work at all times is the water heater. However, it can be easy to overlook the condition of the anode rod or the age of the heater itself. These factors can corrode the tank, which can cause large amounts of water to saturate the surrounding area in a finished basement.
If you need water cleanup for your Farmington residence, SERVPRO is ready to answer the call with rapid-response mitigation services that return your home to a preloss condition. SERVPRO’s fast response strives to save the structure and contents of your home from water damage, including documents, electronics, keepsakes, and upholstery.
Why Does SERVPRO’s 24/7 Availability Matter?
Water damage requires an especially timely response due to how quickly the damage can worsen after saturation occurs:
- Within 24 hours of exposure, surfaces can tarnish, and porous materials can swell, including drywall. Inks and dyes may bleed and stain nearby surfaces.
- Within the first 48 hours after exposure, mold can begin to proliferate. Between two to seven days after saturation, paint can blister, wood flooring can warp and swell, and metals start to deteriorate.
- After more than a week, professional intervention is a must to restore your home.
How Does SERVPRO Get Rid of Water Damage Odors?
SERVPRO Odor Control Technicians (OCTs) can use (ULV) ultra low-volume fogging in tandem with EPA-registered antimicrobials to address water damage in hard-to-reach areas in your basement. This type of fogging releases water- or solvent-based deodorizers that bind with odor-causing particles to eliminate unpleasant, musty smells that often come from water damage.
SERVPRO of The Farmington Valley offers mitigation services that keep homes looking, “Like it never even happened.” Call (860) 675-4500 to start the cleanup process within hours of your initial contact.
See more about Farmington.
Will My Farmington Home Always Show Signs of the Fire?
Fire losses are devastating. SERVPRO knows how to restore your home.
SERVPRO Helps Erase the Signs of Fire Damage with our Restoration Techniques in Your Farmington Home
Fire loss is devastating for any homeowner, regardless of the size or scope of the fire and resulting damage. Hiring trained restoration professionals help you bring your home back to preloss condition faster, and we are here to help at SERVPRO. We work quickly so that your life goes back to normal, superseding the results left by DIY methods alone. Our team arrives to your Farmington home with the latest equipment and advancements in the restoration field to make your interior “Like it never even happened.”
Do I Need to Do Anything After the Fire?
After first responders put the fire out and the building is deemed safe for entry, call our team as soon as possible. We are Faster to Any Size Disaster and deploy a crew in as little as four hours. Upon arrival, the crew chief assesses your fire damage in Farmington and the team formulates a plan to restore your interior, salvaging as much as possible.
It Smells Awful Inside My Home, Do I Need To Worry About Air Quality?
Fire produces particles from smoke and soot that deposit throughout your home, even in areas untouched by flames. We not only address the odors and air quality in your home but also take care of any leftover moisture from extinguishing the fire. Our skilled technicians bring the latest filtration tools and equipment to ensure the air quality in your home is back to normal. We work to make sure that the air throughout your home is breathable and that there is no threat from microbial contamination or lingering smoke odors. Some of the equipment used most often in these situations include:
- Air Scrubbersthat help to cut back on the debris and particulates flowing throughout the air. Our air scrubbers also reduce the threat from microorganisms colonizing in moist conditions. This technology works similarly to our Hydroxyl Generators by pulling in contaminated air and trapping airborne particles to put cleaner air back into the environment.
- Hydroxyl Generatorsare dual-acting, which means that they work to deodorize your interior while purifying and filtering the air at the same time. Our Hydroxyl equipment includes HEPA filtration where air enters, and the filter traps microbes, debris, and particulates.
Will Smoke Odors Become Unnoticeable?
SERVPRO has perfected the Farmington fire damage restoration and odor elimination process. Every step we put into action removes charred debris and removes harsh residue from every area where particles may have traveled.
- We can remove furniture and belongings to be thoroughly deodorized off-site. Removing furniture prevents smoke residue from transferring to other areas of your home that are otherwise unaffected.
- Our team cleans any surfaces covered in soot or smoke, ensuring no areas are left untreated. We carry a vast selection of EPA-approved cleaning agents that removes stubborn residue from plastic, wood, and building materials.
- With pungent-odor situations, the team re-creates the cause of odor penetration. Various deodorizing agents get heated with fogging equipment, which puts out a chemical cloud to penetrate surfaces and eliminate odors.
- If the fire damage reached a significant portion of your home, some exposed surfaces might need sealing with a special primer on the walls, followed by paint color. We also can seal the ductwork for your HVAC system, if necessary.
Will the Soot Cause Lasting Stains?
The heat from the fire that ripped through your home brings on surface charring. Standard restoration in the form of resurfacing or replacement is generally the best option. We use a range of specialized techniques and equipment to help us handle all of the smoke and soot residues left throughout the house. Soda blasting uses pressurized air to shoot high-speed sodium bicarbonate, which blasts away the charring and smoke residue. This compound also acts as a deodorizing agent, so it helps to remove tough odors from the different materials needing treatment.
Because soot and smoke particles settle on walls, ceilings, and other flat surfaces rapidly after a fire, DIY methods are not only time-consuming but also unproductive. SERVPRO technicians tackle this residue with powerful vacuums and pressure washing equipment to restore your Farmington home faster than DIY methods can ever achieve. Our industrial-strength equipment and HEPA filtration allow us to quickly pull out the loosened particles without the worry that they can become redistributed throughout the air.
Call (860) 675-4500 to talk with us at SERVPRO of The Farmington Valley. We are available for professional fire damage restoration services 24/7, and most crews arrive on the scene in as little as four hours to get started with the assessment process.
How Do I Handle Cleaning Up My Utility Room Water Damage?
“Like it never even happened.”
Leave It To Our Professionals At SERVPRO In Farmington.
When water damage occurs in your home and affects your electrical system, the risk of electrical shocks can be stressful for any homeowner to tackle on their own. Fast action is needed to prevent damage, but you also cannot put yourself at risk of shocks or further structural damage. In times like these, a professional team is ideal for keeping you safe while ensuring that the issue gets fixed.
If your Farmington residence needs water damage cleanup that is always available to restore your home, SERVPRO technicians can quickly mitigate issues and restore both structures and contents to a preloss condition. These IICRC-certified professionals know how quickly saturated water can create risks for homeowners. This team handles everything from water damage cleanup to structural repairs, all while aiding you in filing your insurance claims with extensive documentation.
Shutting Off Electricity When Your Breakers Are Water-Damaged
Call a licensed electrician immediately and do not approach the damaged panel. Electricians possess the skills and safety gear necessary to eliminate the risk of electric shocks during service. An electrician can locate the source of the moisture affecting your panel box and make repairs that prevent further damage. In the event of extensive rusting, you may need to replace the box and the circuit breakers attached to it.
If you plan to upgrade your electrical service, the service entry cable must also be replaced. If the panel box does not require replacing, your electrician can implement arc fault circuit interrupters, which can shut off the circuits if dangerous electrical currents are present. Fortunately, most of the time, the needed repairs are much smaller.
SERVPRO Sanitizes Your Home
When water damage affects your utility room, extraction and drying are crucial to preserving your electrical system. However, water damage brings with it efflorescence, rust, and microbes that can damage your panel box. SERVPRO techs can address these concerns with EPA-registered biocides and careful cleanup of components affected by tarnish and dirt. If further repairs are necessary, techs are happy to help you get in touch with a local licensed electrician.
SERVPRO of The Farmington Valley provides mitigation and restoration services that are Faster to Any Size Disaster. Call (860) 675-4500 for cleanup that starts within hours of your initial contact.
Want to know more about Farmington?
Who Should I Call for Commercial Water Cleanup in My Retirement Home?
We can get your Farmington Retirement home back to the state it was in before the unfortunate incident.
Disaster Mitigation Crews Can Safely Perform Commercial Water Cleanup for Farmington Businesses
While all commercial facilities should maintain a high standard of sanitation that is compliant with local and federal regulations, this is especially important in the case of retirement communities. A small imbalance in sanitation practices can quickly affect tenants’ quality of life. While owners and staff may be well aware of the risks, it is also crucial to be vigilant when signs of water damage become evident. Not only can water damage deteriorate structures, but it could also become host to mold and other microbes that can compromise the high standards set by your Farmington business.
When you need commercial water cleanup for a Farmington retirement home or community, SERVPRO technicians are ready to assist you with commercial grade products and training that is compliant with Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) standards. This commitment strives to serve businesses of all sizes with high-quality mitigation services.
Tips for Commercial Water Damage Inspections
Keep these tips in mind when you or designated staff are monitoring your Farmington commercial property for water damage.
- Never let water damage linger. The more quickly you can address water damage in your business, the less costly it is to restore it to a pre-disaster condition.
- Provide guidelines for staff to do rudimentary inspections. While water damage cleanup should be left to the experts, the signs of this type of damage are easily noticeable to the untrained eye. Go over the signs with your employees, as well as your tenants if you so choose, so that reporting can be done more quickly and easily.
- Have an emergency plan in place for severe water damage situations. You may not ever need this, but in the event of high quantities of water damage affecting your property, it is beneficial for you, your employees, and your tenants to be aware of emergency resources that they can use in the event of a large-scale, water-related disaster that requires extensive cleanup.
What Can Water Damage Do To Commercial Living Spaces?
Water damage can have a variety of effects on commercial living spaces that only intensify with time and exposure. These effects can include:
- Potential mold growth in, on, and behind structural materials and belongings. Affected surfaces include anything that is porous and made of organic material, including plywood subfloors, Commercial hardwood flooring, drywall, cellulose or cotton insulation, and wall studs. As long as the area maintains adequate temperature and humidity, mold can thrive while feasting on organic material that can eventually compromise the safety of a structure. Mold can also be found on nonporous surfaces but is more easily removed from them.
- Breakdown of structural materials. Over time, water damage can cause wood to swell, warp, and crack. It can even make drywall warp and crumble. Paint may begin the bubble and peel, and you may notice musty odors or wet looking discoloration on walls or flooring. If the water damage has affected your carpeting, it may need to be replaced depending on the extent of exposure.
- Damage to personal effects and furniture. It may take time for a pipe leak to begin saturating personal belongings. Still, once it does, it can cause furniture finishes to bleed, metals to tarnish and eventually corrode, and can also promote mold growth inside the upholstery.
Commercial-grade mitigation and drying with OSHA-approved biocides that adhere to IICRC standards is one way that SERVPRO can return your commercial facilities to a preloss condition. The tenants on your Farmington property deserve high-quality living spaces that keep them comfortable and safe while preserving their belongings.
SERVPRO’s Commercial Water Cleanup Process for Farmington Businesses
SERVPRO technicians salvage Farmington commercial properties with a multistep approach to mitigation, including:
- A thorough inspection of the damaged property, including moisture measurement of various surfaces with both penetrating and nonpenetrating sensors and meters.
- Extraction of water can then be performed with portable, back-mounted extractors, rovers, wet/dry vacuums, and suction pads for wood flooring or carpet.
- After extraction, technicians prepare the space for drying with carefully-placed centrifugal air movers and low-grain refrigerant dehumidifiers.
- Once drying has been accomplished, technicians can focus on sanitation and odor control with EPA-registered antimicrobial solutions.
- SERVPRO techs can then perform any necessary structural repairs or restoration tasks to restore your property to a preloss state.
SERVPRO of The Farmington Valley is just a phone call away from keeping your business looking, “Like it never even happened.” Call (860) 675-4500 for experienced commercial cleanup technicians, even on late nights, weekends, or during the holidays.
Tips for Drying Water Damaged Drywall in Farmington
Our vehicles are fully stocked and ready to go to handle your water damage emergency.
Drying Wet Walls Due to Storm Flood Damage in Farmington
There are many problems to solve for those who suffer storm flood damage, but one of the most vexing is how to dry wet walls and restore them wet to their previous condition.
Doing this takes specialized expertise, and the SERVPRO professionals who deal with storm flood damage in Farmington have what it takes. They offer a unique combination of equipment, knowledge, and precise procedures to dry your wet walls, and the process starts with pretesting. Cleaning a wet wall is trickier than dealing with a dry one, mainly because wet walls are easier to damage, so a thorough assessment is essential.
The first major physical step is to move the furniture, then remove the wall hangings. SERVPRO techs use plastic drop cloths to protect these household items, and if the walls are especially soiled, the techs take specific steps to eliminate the dirt. This process clears the work area, which allows SERVPRO techs to apply the cleaning solution then. During this process, we clean the walls in sections and then apply rinse solutions. We use the same attention to detail to apply the rinse solution.
Next, our techs remove the cleaning solution. After the rinse solution is applied, the process starts again to dry the walls; baseboards, door jambs, and trim moldings get special attention because of the level of details involved in cleaning them.
After completing the water damage restoration job, we re-hang your pictures to the wall. Our technicians remove the drop cloths\ from the furniture, which is then carefully put back in place as well. If there is enough damage to warrant the removal of any of these items, SERVPRO techs can safely move them.
To get this kind of expertise applied to your storm flood damage situation, call SERVPRO of the Farmington Valley at (860) 675-4500, night or day, and get your wet walls cleaned and dried quickly and thoroughly.
More about Farmington.