Why Is Professional Mold Removal Necessary in my Farmington Business?
SERVPRO Successful Mold Removal Approach for Farmington Businesses is Research-Based and Follows the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Protocol
The single most important reason to seek professional mold removal help for your Farmington business might be to educate you and your staff about the reasons behind mold infestations. Removing mold from spaces in your commercial property could become a routine job for us, but we prefer to act with integrity and share tips that can help a business minimize the regrowth of mold and mildews.
What Causes Mold Growth?
Mold removal needs in Farmington commercial spaces arise when spores find a water source and begin multiplying. Throughout your business building, spores are settled and floating on air currents and hitchhiking a ride in with you, your employees, and customers on clothing and footwear. A plumbing leak, spill, persistently high humidity, or appliance malfunction are ways water can linger the 24 to 48 hours needed to fuel mold colonization. We use our water damage remediation expertise to help businesses find and arrange for repair of water incursions, hoping that proaction limits future calls for help.
How Do Professionals Respond to a Request for Mold Removal?
At SERVPRO, we respond by removing the current infestation, following the EPA’s protocol for mold remediation in commercial buildings:
• We locate the mold, frequently relying on the business owner’s observations rather than costly testing.
• We contain the mold-affected space, usually with heavy-duty 1.6 polyethylene sheeting supported by plastic conduit.
• We seal the containment chamber using the action of a negative pressure air scrubber, which also forces airborne mold debris through HEPA filters, capturing the bits as we work in the area.
• We wear personal protective equipment (PPE), preventing contact or inhalation of the moldy materials and avoid tracking the debris through unaffected areas of your business.
• We physically remove the mold, scraping, brushing, and blasting with abrasives such as soda or dry ice.
• We vacuum and wipe up the residues, applying an EPA-antimicrobial to inhibit regrowth.
The interventions used by SERVPRO of The Farmington Valley for commercial mold removal provide a framework to minimize mold rebound. Contact us at (860) 675-4500 to set up a mold remediation evaluation.