How Can Business Owners in Farmington Best Overcome Fire Damage?
Effectively Overcoming Fire Damage in Farmington Requires Knowledge of Related Risks and An Understanding of How to Address Them Successfully.
Operating a Farmington business and planning for its everyday requirements can be daunting, but there are also unforeseen issues that could further complicate things. Arguably, the most common of these problems are fire-related. Unfortunately, commercial fires are thoroughly unpredictable events that could result from any of a number of things. Wildfires, lightning strikes, industrial and residential mishaps, and commercial transportation accidents all could produce a raging blaze capable of devastating your business. If you are ever affected by any of these destructive events, it is paramount that you understand the associated risks and know how to mitigate or eliminate them successfully.
What Are Some of the Risks Associated with Fire Damage?
Over its many years of handling fire damage cleanups in Farmington, your neighborhood SERVPRO has learned all about the various problems that can result from a commercial fire. These issues involve everything from the undesirable occurrences enabled by fire damage to the negative effects of fire-related products themselves, and include:
• Potential looting that is made possible by a fire-damaged building that is not properly secured
• Structural water damage that results from firefighting efforts or rains that penetrate unprotected impacted structures
• Loss of inventory damaged by water
• Loss of revenue due to business closure
• Employee hardship as a result of not being able to work for extended periods
• Structural and inventory impairments due to acidic soot residues
As you can see, following a fire, you continue to face substantial risks as a business owner. In addition to the damage you have already incurred, you could suffer other losses if you fail to deal with a fire’s aftermath effectively.
What Should I Do in the Aftermath of a Fire?
The key to quickly and successfully recovering from a commercial fire is knowing what to do once it has been extinguished. In order to do this, you need to have the right mindset and awareness of your situation. Also, you should be prepared to call a professional remediator for help with the things you cannot do on your own. SERVPRO offers the following advice for those that have recently experienced a fire:
• Remain calm and accept that it may take a while for things to return to normal; do not get discouraged by the seeming insurmountability of your current situation
• Realize that fire debris and ash often contain hazardous compounds, so avoid touching these when possible and wear gloves if you have to come into contact with them
• Call a highly trained and well-equipped remediation service like SERVPRO as soon as possible to resolve your business’ fire-related issues, as well as protect it from vandals and subsequent water damage
• Remove as many non-impacted high-value items as you can to a safe location
• If you have the materials and know-how, board up and tarp your commercial structure to prevent looters and the elements from doing further harm to your property
Taking the measures listed above should help you immediately following a fire and put you on course to rapidly recover from this unfortunate setback.
How Can SERVPRO Help Me Clean Up and Restore My Fire-Damaged Business?
SERVPRO specializes in all aspects of commercial fire damage cleanup and restoration. Our skilled technicians can assist you with everything from emergency preventative services to complex reconstructive efforts. Our service offerings include:
• Emergency board-ups, tarping, and fencing to protect your business from vandals and additional damage
• Move out and warehousing services to protect your inventories while we clean and restore your commercial facility
• Demolition of irreparably damaged structures
• Full cleaning, restoration, and deodorization of fire/water-damaged structural elements and contents
• Complete reconstruction of destroyed structures
Through each stage of the cleanup and restoration process, we endeavor to save and protect your valuable property. Our efforts ultimately limit overall damage, avoid total losses, and restore, rather than replace, whatever we can.
When a blaze burns through your business, it can be a traumatic experience. In a matter of a few minutes, all that you have invested in and worked so hard to foster and grow could go up in smoke. Therefore, before a disaster strikes, you must take the proper precautions to safeguard your commercial site from potential fires. This could be as simple as moving highly flammable items offsite or as complex as installing a new sprinkler system. With all that said, however, it is important to remain calm and to know what to do if the unexpected ever happens.
Remember, if you ever need assistance overcoming fire damage, contact your helpful neighbors at SERVPRO of The Farmington Valley at (860) 675-4500.